Strategic Visioning and Planning
Connecticut River Joint CommissionsSeeking a qualified vendor to guide and execute a strategic visioning and comprehensive planning process.
Friday, May 10, 2019
CRJC is governed by Commissioners appointed by the governors of each state or as identified in the enabling legislation attached. The Commission is led by an Executive Committee (7 officers) who provide policy direction and work closely with the Staff to oversee implementation.
CRJC currently contracts for staff support with the Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission. Two staff members provide administrative assistance to the Joint Commissions and 5 local river subcommittees. In prior years, the CRJC was a stand-alone non-profit organization that was funded through grants and federal earmarks to conduct large projects. When this funding was lost during 2011, its funding declined to approximately $65,000.00 annually, plus occasional grants for small projects. The organization has reached an inflection point and hopes that a strategic visioning process will help guide it to decisions about its future role and mission.
Project Scope and Deliverables
We expect the project to include the following:
- Project management
- Design and execution of a strategic visioning and comprehensive planning process
- Develop an actionable strategic plan, including a projected budget for implementation
- Develop recommendations regarding the plan’s implementation and support structure.
The proposal should include:
- Understanding of the work to be performed, estimated hours, and other pertinent information.
- Organization description, size and structure. Indicate whether the firm is a small or woman- or minority-owned business.
- Qualifications of all staff to be assigned to the project and specify the project manager.
- Resumes of staff to be assigned to the project. Education, position in firm, years and type of experience, continuing professional education, etc., will be considered. Vendor is not permitted to sub-contract out any of the work without the prior-approval of the sub-contractor by CRJC.
It is expected that these tasks will be accomplished through a combination of activities, including:
- Background research by consultant on CRJC and current leadership team, including environmental scan of organization and opportunities ahead.
- Benchmarking our organization with other similar sized non-profits or additional organizations with similar focus.
- Focus groups, interviews, surveys and/or any other method that will be useful in receiving partner and community input.
- Facilitated group meetings with the Commissioners, Local River Subcommittees, and staff to create consensus regarding a strategic vision and plan.
Contact email@example.com to receive a complete copy of the RFP.