Lincoln County Planner
Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission
Wiscasset, ME United States
Lincoln County is seeking qualified candidates for the position of County Planner in the Regional Planning department. This full-time (40 hours per week) position provides community planning and economic development guidance, GIS applications, comprehensive planning analysis and environmental planning strategy to the Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission.
Duties include, but are not limited to: developing and reviewing land use proposals, transportation planning, managing DACF, DMR and DEP contracts, supporting planning boards and ordinance review committees, managing brownfields projects and open space planning. A key element of this position is to assist in short-term and long-term planning with local municipalities and regional projects and to communicate findings to a variety of stakeholders.
- B.A. or B.S. in urban/regional planning, public policy/management, urban design/architecture or related planning field
- At least 4 years professional experience (2 years with higher degree) directly related to essential duties
- Demonstrated knowledge and applications of GIS
- Effective written communication, public presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and analytical skills, including online research
- Experience with major state and federal funding programs
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Knowledge of Midcoast Maine preferred.
Applications are available in the Lincoln County Commissioners' office or at www.lincolncountymaine.me.
Please submit resume and application to the Lincoln County Commissioners' Office no later than 2 pm on May 23, 2019.
Lincoln County Courthouse, 32 High Street, Wiscasset, Maine 04578