Mad River Valley Planning District
Waitsfield, VT United States
MRVPD's Community Planner engages and collaborates with citizens, professional organizations, and officials (local, regional, state, and federal) on a wide range of community planning topics, including, but not limited to, affordable housing, transportation, recreation, infrastructure, land use, and placemaking.
Under general supervision of the Executive Director, the Community Planner conducts regional studies, develops strategic plans, coordinates implementation steps, assists partners with grant applications, and other similar work as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a change agent with an interest in data-driven decision making as well as a firm understanding of the value of social capital. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research
- Write reports and memos
- Make presentations
- Facilitate and manage public meetings
- Project management
- Grant writing and reporting
- Undertake administrative tasks, such as minute-taking, website posting, etc.
- Provide technical assistance
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in planning or a related field
- 3 years of relevant experience
- GIS experience preferred
- Experience working with rural communities
- Demonstrated ability to outreach and build relationships with community members
- Good humor, strong initiative, creativity, and ability to multi-task
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Work independently and as a part of a team to produce clear deliverables
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule, including availability during evenings