Community Development Specialist
Wiscasset, ME United States
Lincoln County is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Community Development Specialist. This full-time (40 hours per week) position provides economic development and community planning assistance, GIS data analysis, website maintenance, research, and administrative support to the Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission.
Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with implementation of economic and community development projects, providing information and direct assistance to communities, businesses and organizations within Lincoln County, public outreach, education and communication, use of GIS software, research and analysis, grant preparation, and website and social media maintenance.
- B.A. or B.S. in community planning, economic development, geography or a related field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience directly related to essential duties.
- Effective written communication, public presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with GIS, databases, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills, including online research.
- Experience with major state and federal funding programs.
- Knowledge of Midcoast Maine preferred.
Applications are available in the Lincoln County Commissioners’ office or at www.lincolncountymaine.me.
Please submit resume and application to the Lincoln County Commissioners’ Office no later than 2 p.m. on Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
Lincoln County Courthouse
32 High Street
Wiscasset, Maine 04578
Lincoln County is an Equal Opportunity Employer