Town of Amherst
Amherst, NH United States
The Town of Amherst, NH, Community Development Department seeks to hire an experienced professional for the position of Town Planner. This is a highly responsible position implementing the planning and zoning processes of the Town.
Conducted under the general supervision of the Community Development Director, including:
- Coordinating and performing the subdivision and site plan review processes;
- Advising the public regarding local land use ordinances and regulations;
- Providing staff support to Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment, and other boards and commissions;
- Working cooperatively with other professional and para-professional staff in delivering department services to town officials and departments, residents, property owners, consultants, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Planning or related field, plus three years of progressively responsible experience in a municipal, county or state land use planning environment, OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Extensive knowledge of land use planning principles and practices as well as state and local land use legislation, procedures, and zoning issues is essential.
- Ability to work professionally with persons representing a diverse range of viewpoints and disciplines is a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, is required.
- Experience with a wide variety of software, including Word, Excel, ArcView, etc.
This full time position is Labor Grade 12 with a starting salary range of between $48,526 to $52,520, depending on qualifications. The Town of Amherst offers a comprehensive benefits package to include a 457(b) retirement plan. The Town of Amherst does not participate in the NH State Retirement System. The Town of Amherst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted until November 22, 2019.