Washington County Council of Governments
Calais, ME United States
Washington County Council of Governments Job Description: Planner
Reports to:Executive Director
Job Type: Full-time: Exempt; Benefit eligible 40 hours per week,
Location: This position is based in Washington County Council of Governments regional planning offices in Calais, Maine. Regular real and virtual travel is required throughout Washington County. Occasional trips statewide and beyond.
Physical Requirements: Vehicle and valid driver's license. Ability to participate in meetings with partners at various community locations, in-person & virtually.
Qualifications: Advanced training, experience, and/or education in Planning or related fields. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, or advanced degree, providing planning, project management, and community development for municipalities and community based programs or organizations.
The Planner provides technical assistance to municipalities and regional cooperative entities throughout Washington County in the planning areas of comprehensive, transportation, pre-mitigation, emergency, economic development, land use, stream crossings, climate resiliency, natural resources, Brownfields redevelopment, and other areas of planning and regional collaboration. Assignments & areas of focus will be coordinated with other staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Relationship builder experienced in working with diverse constituencies
- Ability to exercise good judgment within the context of competing priorities, agendas, and deadlines
- Highly self-motivated, ability to work independently, from the office or in the community
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects, administrative duties, and responsibilities
- Ability to build strong and respectful working relationships with diverse partner organizations
- Strong communication skills; ability to listen well, write, and speak effectively
- Strong proposal writing and track record securing funds for planning programs
Salary is negotiable and based on experience and qualifications. Send resume and cover letter to Bill MacDonald, Executive Director, electronically at email@example.com, or WCCOG, P.O. Box 631 Calais, ME 04619. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.