2022 MAP General Membership & LPC Meeting
The 2022 MAP General Membership Meeting was held on January 21, 2022 via Zoom.
The MAP Legislative Policy Committee reviewed its recommendations on the LD 609 Commission recommendations, discussed legislative activities for the current session (carry-over bills and Committee activity) and provided updates on other activities (see below).
- Status of LD 609, to establish a Commission to increase housing opportunities in Maine by studying zoning and land use restrictions: discussion of recently released Housing Opportunities Commission's report recommendations
- Other carry-over bills of interest for the current session, including LD 1694. Download the proposed amendments to LD 1694 and a slide deck about the bill.
- Recap of December 10th MAP “Legislative 101” session with Nancy Smith
- Updates on Climate Action Plan implementation, Governor’s Office of Policy, Innovation and the Future (GOPIF)
- Outlook for 2022 Legislative Session, election year
- Input from membership in general on legislative and policy priorities or objectives for MAP