Maine Legislative and Policy Committee Wrap Up from Second Regular Session of the 130th Legislature
The second regular session of the 130th Legislative Session was a busy one! The MAP Legislative and Policy Committee (LPC) provided testimony on bills, helped write legislation, and organized and hosted a workshop on PFAS with speakers from DEP, DACF, Maine Farmland Trust, and Woodard and Curran.
Committee members and contributors to testimony during the second regular session include Damon Yakovleff, AICP; Shelley Norton, AICP; Maureen O’Meara, AICP; Michael Foster; Lee Jay Feldman; Justin Barker, AICP, LEED GA, CNU-A; Tex Haeuser, AICP; Jarod Farn-Guillette, Eli Rubin, Matt Nazar, AICP; and Christian Roadman, AICP. The LPC is jointly Chaired by Eli Rubin and Matt Nazar.
The LPC provided testimony, assistance with bill construction, and/or direct outreach and advocacy on the following LDs:
- LD 1884, “An Act to Create Affordable Agricultural Homesteads” (Against) Read full testimony here.
- LD 1673, “An Act to Create a Comprehensive Permit Process for the Construction of Affordable Housing” (For) Read full testimony here.
- LD 1955, “An Act To Make Supplemental Appropriations and Allocations for the Expenditures of State Government, General Fund and Other Funds and To Change Certain Provisions of the Law Necessary to the Proper Operations of State Government for the Fiscal Years Ending June 30, 2022 and June 30, 2023” (For) Read full testimony here.
- LD 1694, “An Act to Create the Maine Redevelopment Land Bank Authority” (For) Read full testimony here.
- LD 201, “An Act To Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Promote Weatherization in the Buildings Sector by Extending the Sunset Date for the Historic Property Rehabilitation Tax Credit” (For) Direct outreach.
- LD 2003, “An Act to Implement the Recommendations of the Commission to Increase Housing Opportunities in Maine by Studying Zoning and Land Use Restrictions” (For) Read the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd testimony.