Each year the Vermont Planners Association recognizes citizen planners, outstanding plans, and projects as well as professional planners.
Congratulations to our 2022 Awards winners!
Vermont Planner's Association is pleased to announce the following recipients of our 2022 awards:
- Professional Planner of the Year | Thomas Kennedy, AICP, Mount Ascutney Regional Commission
- Citizen Planners of the Year | Steve Kraft, Springfield VT Planning Commission & Development Review Board
- Project of the Year | Williston Taft Corners Vision & Form Based Code Project
- Plan of the Year | CreateVT: Action Plan for Vermont's Creative Sector
For more information about our awards recipients, please see the VPA 2022 Awards Press Release
For information about the VPA Awards Celebration on June 16th in Woodstock, VT, click here.
About Our Awards
Our awards focus on the following categories. Use these links to download nomination forms.
- Project of the Year
- Plan of the Year
- Citizen Planner of the Year
- Citizen Planning Board, Commission or Committee of the Year
- Professional Planner of the Year
- Past Award Winners
All professional planners know a colleague that has been going above and beyond the call of duty. And we know that you work with exceptional volunteers. Please don't feel shy about nominating your own plan - whether it is a town plan, regional plan, a visioning plan, a modal plan, etc. Once all nominations are received, the VPA Awards Committee sends the nominations to the New Hampshire Planners Association for review. NHPA provides their recommendations to the VPA Executive Committee for adoption. VPA awardees are submitted to NNECAPA's Award Program for consideration at the fall conference.
VPA will accept nominations for the 2023 Planning Awards beginning in January 2023.
See nomination forms below. Completed forms and questions about the awards process may be addressed to Awards Committee Chair, Cat Bryars, at email@example.com .