Each year the Vermont Planners Association recognizes citizen planners, outstanding plans, and projects as well as professional planners. The recipients are honored at an awards ceremony held in the Cedar Creek Room at the Vermont Capital in Montpelier.
Congratulations to our 2020 Awards winners!
Vermont Planner's Association is pleased to announce the following recipients of our 2020 awards:
- Professional Planner of the Year | Brandy Saxton, AICP, PlaceSense and Seth Jensen, Lamoille County Planning Commission
- Citizen Planner of the Year | Sally Miller, Woodstock and Shannon Haggett, Vegennes
- Project of the Year | Market Street Reconstruction Project, City of South Burlington
- Plan of the Year | Enosburg Falls Vital Village Master Plan, SE Group
For more information about our awards recipients, please see the VPA 2020 Awards Press Release.
Please note: The 2020 Awards Ceremony has been cancelled due to COVID-19. We look forward to celebrating our 2020 Award Recipients during our 2021 ceremony.
About Our Awards
Our awards focus on the following categories.
- Project of the Year
- Plan of the Year
- Citizen Planner of the Year
- Citizen Planning Board, Commission or Committee of the Year
- Professional Planner of the Year
- Past Award Winners
All professional planners know a colleague that has been going above and beyond the call of duty. And we know that you work with exceptional volunteers. Please don't feel shy about nominating your own plan - whether it is a town plan, regional plan, a visioning plan, a modal plan, etc. Once all nominations are received, the VPA Awards Committee sends the nominations to the New Hampshire Planners Association for review. NHPA provides their recommendations to the VPA Executive Committee for adoption. An awards ceremony for recipients will be held at the Vermont State House in April. VPA awardees are submitted to NNECAPA's Award Program for consideration at the fall conference.