Each year the Vermont Planners Association recognizes citizen planners, outstanding plans, and projects as well as professional planners.
VPA is now accepting nominations for the 2022 Planning Awards
nomination forms below. Completed forms and questions about the awards process
may be addressed to Awards Committee Chair, Cat Bryars, at email@example.com .
About Our Awards
Our awards focus on the following categories. Use these links to download nomination forms.
- Project of the Year
- Plan of the Year
- Citizen Planner of the Year
- Citizen Planning Board, Commission or Committee of the Year
- Professional Planner of the Year
- Past Award Winners
All professional planners know a colleague that has been going above and beyond the call of duty. And we know that you work with exceptional volunteers. Please don't feel shy about nominating your own plan - whether it is a town plan, regional plan, a visioning plan, a modal plan, etc. Once all nominations are received, the VPA Awards Committee sends the nominations to the New Hampshire Planners Association for review. NHPA provides their recommendations to the VPA Executive Committee for adoption. VPA awardees are submitted to NNECAPA's Award Program for consideration at the fall conference.
Congratulations to our 2021 Awards winners!
Vermont Planner's Association is pleased to announce the following recipients of our 2021 awards:
- Professional Planner of the Year | Meagan Tuttle, AICP, City of Burlington
- Citizen Planners of the Year | Town of Middlesex Planning Commission
- Project of the Year | Rupert Village Revitalization Project
- Plan of the Year | Walkable Middlesex Village Study
For more information about our awards recipients, please see the VPA 2021 Awards Press Release.