VPA advocates for sound planning and public policy by:
- Engaging in limited lobbying as pursuant to our 501(C)(3) status.
- Tracking and reporting on state and federal planning-related legislation to our membership;
- Developing occasional policy and position papers on particular topics;
- Providing information and testimony before legislative committees and administrative boards upon request; and
- Serving on committees charged with formulating state planning policy.
VPA is represented in these efforts by volunteers on our Legislative Committee. Our Legislative Liaison position is currently vacant, in favor of our committee-driven legislative tracking, education, and action program.
Members can become directly involved in VPA's legislative efforts by serving on our Legislative Committee, drafting position papers, responding to requests for information and feedback, appearing before committees and boards, and staying in touch with your local representatives on planning-related issues. For more information, please see: VPA Legislative Protocols.
For more information contact Regina Mahony, VPA Legislative Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information on current legislation and legislative activities can be found at the website for the Vermont Legislature using the link below.