MAP's e-magazine continues to live-on, finding its new home here, on the new website. Front Page shares valuable information on relevant topics for planners in Maine, and connects our members with technical resources and other partners promoting good planning in the state.
We hope that the articles in Front Page are useful and inspire you, and we encourage you to share your perspective and experiences in future editions. As always, we welcome your ideas and feedback.
Edition #13 (December 2019)
- President's Letter
- Addressing Housing Issues by Picking the Right Tools
- Planning Sessions at the 2019 Maine Municipal Association Convention
- Tourism: A Growing Industry, a Growing Concern
- NNECAPA 2019 Synopsis
- GrowSmart Maine’s 2019 Annual Summit Recap: Smart Growth Builds Wellness
- Bytes 'N Pieces
Select Articles from Past Editions
- Accessory Apartments: An Affordable Housing Strategy
- Pedestrian Safety on Maine Roads and Streets: Reversing the Trend in Pedestrian Deaths and Injuries
- The Procedural Dangers Of Dangerous Building Proceedings
- Regulating the Uberized Short-Term Rental Market
- Planning for New Trends in Housing and Habitation
- Changes to DEP Shoreland Zoning Guidelines
- Tiny Houses and Community Needs
- Transportation Demand Management at Work in Maine
- Form-based Design Standards for Smaller Communities
- Regulating Speech in the Wake of Reed v. Town of Gilbert
Subscribe to Front Page
Sign up for the MAP newsletter list to receive future editions of Front Page.